Saturday, January 25, 2014

diy thank you notes and envelopes

A couple days ago I went to get my hair "refreshed" and it's been a loooong while since I've gotten it cut and colored.
I'm EXTREMELY particular when it comes to my hair and a bit of an obsessive freak(If I was a hairdresser I wouldn't deal with me, we'll just say that).
Anyway- I went to a new hairdresser and long story short, I loved what she did and was very satisfied.
Now, while I did tip(always tip!), I was really satisfied with my hair and I thought it would be a nice gesture to send a thank-you card as well(why send thank you cards? etiquette. and it's a nice thing to do!). 
I think sometimes while thank you cards are great, depending on what and why you are sending a thank you, you can add in something a little extra, like a simple gift card(I did a gift card to Starbucks. Who... well what... girl doesn't love Starbucks?).
Now, you can make a DIY thank you card in all sorts of ways, this just happens to be how I made mine.

For the card:
What you'll need:
Colored card stock of your choice
Stencils
Letter stickers
Silver Sharpie
Gold colored pencil
Ruler
Scissors
Razor blade
Blank note-cards


First, you'll want to take your colored card stock of choice and cut it to the size of how big you want your card to be. Then, choose how you'd like to decorate it. I decided to do a simple chevron pattern.



Next, I took a gold pencil and outlined my pattern.


Now, take your note-card and write a note before gluing it inside the card!


Add on your stickers and you're done!


For the envelope:
What you'll need:
Cardstock
Old envelopes
Ruler
Scissors
Pencil
A brown paper bag


First, you'll want to carefully pull apart an old envelope(you can also skip this step and get an envelope template of your choice on line to print).


Trace the envelope on to the cardstock paper.


After cutting the cardstock paper, take a brown paper bag and cut a rectangle out smaller than the envelope(this step isn't necessary but it adds a little more pizazz). Then glue to the inside of the envelope.



Aww... snazzy.
Now. Push the sides in, glue the sides where needed and firmly press the bottom portion of the envelope over the sides.



What's going in your envelope?


Okay then! Put it in there!


Now seal it up! I glued and taped the front. You can glue and put a sticker if you're feeling extra fancy!
Also, be sure to make the writing pop-out. Nothing crazy... cause you want to make sure it can be read by the post office, but something that gives it a little extra something!



I hope this makes everyone want to send out thank you cards! :)
Enjoy your weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment